Frequently asked questions
Download your Ortel Mobile manual here
Here you can download your Ortel Mobile manual. This manual is also enclosed in your SIM card package. This manual gives you alot of useful information about using your Ortel Mobile SIM card.
What about the quality of the Ortel Mobile network?
Ortel Mobile is using KPN's network, so you are assured of excellent quality and network coverage.
To which countries can I call with Ortel Mobile?
At this point you can make and receive calls in more than 200 countries with Ortel Mobile, including the Netherlands. New countries are added constantly. Look at the rates to see which countries you can call and at what rate.
What is the connection fee?
A connection fee exists of fixed charges that are used for the cost of setting up the connection. For all calls within the Netherlands and abroad the starting rate of € 0.29 applies.
Can I keep my current number when I switch to Ortel Mobile?
It is possible to keep your existing mobile number. If you are a prepaid user already, your number will be transferred within 14 days after we have received your application via the number portability form (which can be send digital or be downloaded here).
Conditions for Number Portability
- NO COSTS will be charged for your number portability.
- Your current mobile number should not be disconnected or blocked, otherwise the number portability cannot be applied.
- You can fill the form online or download here. When you choose to download the form, you should fill in all the fields and send it into an unstamped envelope to:
Nummerbehoud Ortel Mobile
9700 WB Groningen
- In this envelope you will also need to enclose a copy of a valid ID.
- If you have a subscription with your current provider, you also need to enclose a copy of your last bill and a valid ID
- If you have a subscription with your current provider and the subscription has not expired yet, your current provider may ask you for a redemption fee.
- If your current provider agrees with the number portability, you will receive a confirmation letter from Ortel Mobile for number portability.
- If a notice period applies to your current subscription, the number will be transferred to Ortel Mobile after the end of your current subscription.
- During the application process for number portability, you can make use of Ortel Mobile, by using your temporary mobile number.
How can I cancel my Ortel subscription?
You can end your subsription to Ortel by not using your Ortel SIM card. After 6 months your SIM card will automatically expire. You can also cancel immediately by contacting our Customer Care team at telephone number 0900-1612000 (regular tariff, no additional service costs). This includes canceling your free SIM card order.
Is my mobile internet bundle also valid outside the Netherlands?
Yes, your mobile internet bundle can only be used in the EU member countries (incl. Switzerland, Andorra, Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein). For use of mobile internet outside of the EU different rates apply. You can find these rates here.
How do I activate my new Ortel simcard?
1) Insert a new SIM card into your phone
2) Enter PIN 0000 and press OK